The Search for Wireless Hot Spots


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



To be honest, I think that wireless hot spots are really amazing. Being able to walk into a local coffee shop or library, turn on a laptop computer, and instantly be able to surf the internet at a relatively high speed is simply wonderful. I think that it is one of the most beneficial of the recent advancements in wireless technology.

I purchased personal digital assistant (PDA) that is equipped with wireless technology about a year ago. It allows me to use a stripped-down version of Internet Explorer and access information through wireless hot spots just like laptops and desktop computers. I can literally hold the entire Internet in the palm of my hand with my little wireless-enabled PDA.

This gadget also allows me to watch videos, check my email, or text message my friends. It comes in handy again and again, when I want to know what movies are playing or when Im checking my email while waiting for my bus at a bus stop thats conveniently located near a librarys wireless hot spot. However, wireless-enabled devices like my PDA or most peoples laptops need to be fairly near to a wireless hot spot in order for the connection to be established. This means that I may have to roam around while looking for good connections.

The search for wireless hot spots has even lead to war driving? This is a practice of questionable legality where people drive around in their cars with laptops setup to search out unlocked public and private wireless networks. Many different businesses are picking up on the trend, and they are now offering wireless hot spots in coffee shops, restaurants, and retail stores.

A lot of businesses are nice enough to provide wireless hot spots for free. However, if you use their wireless connection, you may feel compelled to patronize these places to encourage them to keep their access free. Some chains offer free wireless at all of their locations, making it pretty easy for people to track down free wireless hot spots.

Some coffee shops offer wireless connections with purchases, but most of the other wireless hot spots require payment to access the service. This can come either through a subscription to the service provider or through a credit card payment. There are also some websites that keep track of these free hotspots. They usually work with Mapquest or Google maps to provide maps of free hot spots.

Morgan Hamilton offers expert advice and great tips regarding all aspects concerning Wireless Hot Spots. Visit our site for more helpful information about Wireless Internet Hot Spots and other similar topics.

Streamyx Combo 4MB
Streamyx Combo 60
Streamyx 4MB coverage
Streamyx Combo Terms and Conditions
Streamyx
Streamyx
Streamyx
Streamyx
Streamyx
WIMax
Streamyx Business Broadband
Streamyx Broadband
Streamyx Registration
Streamyx Free Modem
Streamyx Combo 384k


0 Responses to “The Search for Wireless Hot Spots”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3